Britain for Europe is a national voice campaigning for continued UK membership of the European Union. We are a non-party political organisation made up of affiliated local activist groups from across the UK.
Our key objectives are ensuring that:
- continued membership of the EU is recognised in public debate as a legitimate option for the UK
- the majority of the British people want the decision to leave the EU to be reconsidered
A Manifesto for Europe
The EU was built on the words of Winston Churchill. It was founded on the same values that we recognise as British values, including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect.
The European Union has enabled neighbouring nations to overcome historic differences, create new alliances and build bridges where previously there were walls.
For the past 70 years, the United Kingdom has enjoyed peace, prosperity and enhanced standing in the world as a result of its role at the heart of the European Union.
- In democracy and the rule of law.
- In the sovereignty of the UK Parliament.
- That the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union amplifies the rights, freedoms and interests of the British people.
- That UK and EU law underpin our economic, social and political rights.
- That the UK can only be truly global and outward facing as a fully committed member of the European Union.
- That the life prospects of young people and future generations of British citizens are augmented by continued UK membership of the EU.
- That the four nations of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are stronger when united as a sovereign country, and as a member of the European Union.
- That continued UK membership of the EU is necessary to ensure the UK is relevant and effective in tackling global challenges such as climate change, terrorism, the displacement of peoples, and global economic adversity.
- All forms of hate, racism and xenophobia that have been exacerbated by the referendum campaign and ballot.
- Nationalist protectionism, imperialism and isolationism.
- Treating EU nationals, EU member states and the EU itself as our enemies rather than our friends
The General Election
A strong, free and united European Union, with Britain at its heart, is capable of facing up to the challenges of today and tomorrow, and of playing a leading role in championing international peace and prosperity.
This General Election, like all general elections, is about which political party will form the UK Government and it is not related to the outcome of the EU referendum last year. Whether the UK remains in the EU will determine what kind of society we want to create for future generations.
We therefore urge all Parliamentary candidates to publicly commit themselves to reject any exit deal that reduces the rights of Britons both in the UK and the EU, reduces the prosperity and prospects of the British people, jeopardises the unity of the UK and diminishes the UK’s world standing.
If you agree with our manifesto, please JOIN US and help ensure that the UK continues to be an increasingly progressive, inclusive and democratic society by retaining its rightful place at the table of European governments.